Ceyhan Commodity Exchange was established with the permission of the Ministry of Trade dated 24.07.1947 and No. 4/5129 and became operational on 01.01.1948.
Ceyhan Commodity Exchange was located in the two-story building which it owned since the foundation until 1987, and moved to a new building in 1987 where it still operates.
Commodity exchanges are public legal entities established for engaging in purchase and sale of goods that fall under a commodity exchange and as well as determination, registration and announcement of the prices of such goods formed in the commodity exchange in accordance with the principles stated in the Law No. 5174.
Foreign currency exchanges and exchanges for valuable mines are excluded from the scope of this Law.
The term "public agency" which is included in the definition of Exchange has been amended as "public agencies with legal personality" in accordance with Article 135 of the Constitution, and the objective of registration was stated among the objectives of the organization. Foreign currency exchanges and exchanges for valuable mines are excluded from the scope of this Law.